Tuesday I went down to the beach that’s five minutes away from my place with my Mom. I want to say I finally did, but it’s only been two weeks since we’ve been here so I want to refrain from saying ‘finally’ like I’ve just been lazing around my house for months and it’s been right there lol. Needless to say, I loved it!
We walked around for a while – trying to find where the entrance to the actual beach was. After about twenty minutes, we found it and just chilled and wandered around! The things I noticed:
– The sand is so white and pretty! I was shocked that I could see anything, at all honestly. I suppose the bigger an expanse something is, the better I can see it because I could see all the colors of the waves, all the sand colors and the fact that the waves were moving. My vision has been really shotty over the years, like worse than it was when I was a teenager, so I was a little nervous to go out to the ocean and not be able to see any of it. It was breath taking to see something in such detail again – even if it was just that I could diversify the colors and where they were on the ocean, it really took me aback. It makes me want to see what else I can well, see! I haven’t been using my eyes for so long because I had given up being able to use them in any capacity, So in short: big scenes good, small scenes bad for ma eyeballs!
– I’ve been dying to go down to the shoreline and pick up some shells. My Mom spotted some wet blue…things that looked like shells, so here’s hoping when they dry they are indeed shells that I can use in a design for a jewelry piece! If it turns out that it was some sort of swamp monster, then I knew ye well…
– Doggies! While we were standing there two dogs ran up to us and started sniffa-sniffin. They were so small and cute…until one started digging a hole and getting sand all over us, eek!
– One thing that happened that was so amusing: My Mom saw the tide rising up to where we were and she was like “Move fast!” and I started moving slowly. “Faster!” but it was too late – the tide had risen and gotten our feet all wet. Two things I learned: The water is very refreshingly cold, and feels like it’d be fun to swim in, which is something I hadn’t even considered!
– I hear that ocean breeze, the way it’s calling me~ the air was so refreshing, loved how you could smell every inch of the ocean in it. The walk to the beach is hilly, and usually I would have been winded and tired and wanted to go back home. But the air just really rejuvenated me and kept me going, and as I told my Mom it was great breath support exercise!
– Mom “snuck” a few beach selfies of me haha. My hair was blowing all over the place so I am curious to see how they turned out. Shall post them as soon as I nab them from my Mom’s tablet!
Definitely so happy to finally be living on the beach. It’s always been a dream of mine, and it’s everything I imagined it would be!
So how was your day?