Remember how I said on Tuesday that I had major writers block and was going to fill out character questionnaire sheets after writing the post? Well, I did exactly that, and amazingly enough, it opened up the flood gates! After I filled out a lot of detailed questions about my two central characters (and tweeked a little about them along the way) it was sooo much easier to just start writing, have a clear beginning for the story, add in other secondary characters, and overall just be able to let my ideas flow out into what is becoming my first draft. I’m a little nervous about it, since it’s my first time writing in a modern setting with paranormal aspects, but I realize that hey, it’s a radioplay: only major difference will be using city sound effects and not having to try and explain how people communicate long distance without telephones.
I’m still trying to figure out what will happen scene by scene – which is the fun part, honestly, but I’m just so happy that I got past the major road block that was trying to figure out how to start this story. I wound up combining a plot I found in my random plot bunnies document from 2014, with what I was trying so hard to hash out with little to no success earlier and am liking the result I’m getting so far. I’m liking my two central characters, and am excited to start writing past the introductory exposition bits. But mainly, I’m just super excited to be writing another story again after spending so much time either editing my current radioplay in production, or just…writing fan fiction. I forgot how much creating characters and world building was! I’m off to write some more, have a great weekend everyone!