My 2015 has been rocky – it started with a fire in my apartment that forced me to move into a hotel for six months and go into a decent amount of debt. Second half of the year, I moved into a house and had to catch up with bills and just now am getting on my feet. I gotta say: If not for that mishap in the beginning of the year, I would have never done a lot of stuff I did this year. Having that fire put things in major perspective, and after I moved I just decided I didn’t want to live my life wondering what would happen if I did ___. Instead, I wanted to do things I was always afraid of doing, take chances, and take risks. Stand up for my beliefs and for what I wanted to do in life. I know I touched on this in my post on Tuesday, but I guess just listing everything I did this year in spite of all of the difficulties really made me realize how far I’ve come as a person! I went to Chicago to record in a pro studio, I went to a music convention and actually talked to people without being nervous about it! Huge step for me. And I started writing my own music, and not being afraid of the fact that I can’t use virtual instruments or real instruments to compose. I realized how easy it was to write something, and grew as a mixer and an artist, and I want that to continue on into 2016. My theme for next year is going to be music, risk taking, creativity, and just being happy with myself: I started doing that this year, but I really want to follow through with it full force in 2016!
My resolutions for 2016 are all creatively themed pretty much lol. I want to post them all here, and see what I accomplish next year. Without further ado: My resolutions for 2016!
– Get my first single track on Loudr and bandcamp by February
– Finish recording the Mana Aeliria theme song by February, latest by March.
– Learn at least 1 cord on the guitar 😄 but I want to shoot for 3!
– Buy an ocarina, and start learning how to play it.
– Buy a keyboard, and start learning how to play it.
– Start composing music with instruments, instead of just with acappella
– Learn what it takes to make a fuller a cappella mix of a song
– Learn how to master tracks and try to with the ones I have atm.
– Start releasing the tracks I’ve been writing, as singles. Release a full album by the end of the year.
– Find an artist to do cover art for singles, albums, and other things I need (banner for YouTube, things like that)
– Pay for some hosting space and make a new version of my crystaldennismusic website. Preferably on bluehost with wordpress engine.
– Get a better camera so I can start filming youTube vids of me singing and vlogs.
– Finish Terris Magic.
– Finish new story I started, and start producing it.
– Get percussion instruments (jingle rings, bodhran or other type of drum for folk/Celtic/medieval sound
– Join Bandcamp, post songs on Loudr.
– Get a higher YouTube subscriber count
– Keep on posting on YouTube all year!
– Start doing live gigs again, and street performing
– Keep on writing original songs
– Finally make a track for my Terra Lyrics I have haha.
– Buy a 2 channel preamp, and a microphone as well – ideally, get 2: another condenser, and a dynamic
– Keep on building my home studio with the stuff channels say to buy (keyboard, mics, computer, headphones)
– Overall just keep on building my craft in music and my internet presence
– Don’t slack on the blog!
– Start making jewelry again: buy a chasing hammer, wire looping pliers, and a nylon jaw plier.
– Get some 24 and 20 GA wire.
– Sell jewelry! Repurpose current pieces if need be to sell.
– Start working on wire work jewelry and with crystal clay since those are the 2 things I am most interested in. Also bead weaving and that metal engraving thing.
– Keep on writing stories, lyrics, start writing fanfiction again and just keep writing stuff.
– Stay creative! Don’t let that creative bone die.
– Spend at least one day a week off skype, and use that time to create stuff on the computer (or off lol)
– Pay off credit card
– Bake more because it’s super fun
I hope everyone has a lovely New Year’s Eve, and may 2016 bring you prosperity and joy!